Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday

D.I.Y. Fabric Valentines Card.


Hello :) This isn't really a proper D.I.Y. because I forgot to take pictures along the way  but i loved making this card so much and it was so easy that I think it will be pretty simple to pick up! I saw something similar when I was browsing pinterest and knew I had to make one. I think they will make a the cutest valentines present and I want to make one for everyone I love. 


To make a card you will need:
- A regular postcard to use as a template.
- scraps of felt.
- a scrap of your favourite material.
- scissors.
- a needle.
- some embroydery thread. 


Steps:
- To start, using your postcard as a template cut out a postcard size piece of your felt and your material.
- Using a different coloured felt cut out a stamp and some letters to spell out what you want to write on the front.
- Using your postcard for reference mark where the partition on the postcard between message and address is and stitch a line here in black embroidery thread. 
- Using your thread sew the letters onto the right hand side of your postcard and sew the stamp into the top left  corner.
- Add any other little details you want. I added a space for the address, a post mark, and AIRMAIL stamp and those wavy lines that you see on every post card (I don't know what they mean.) But get creative and google some old fashioned post cards for inspiration.
- Once you feel satisfied with the front of your card lay it face down on top of your piece of fabric and using your hand or a sewing needle sew three of the four sides together. 
- Flip the postcard inside out and carefully sew up the final side making sure you tuck the edges in to prevent fraying. 




I also left the top of my heart open so I could leave a little personal message for whoever I gave it too inside the heart. I'm giving this one to my mum...




I hope you like this little loved up D.I.Y. and if you do decide to make one leave a comment and send me a photo! Remember you don't need to have a boyfriend to make lots of lovely valentines gifts for everyone you love (including your dog! although I think Posy might eat this one...)

Happy Friday.
Love Scarlett. 

1 comment:

  1. Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is Simply excellent and i can assume you're an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.
    Uniquely For Her CASHMERE MIST by Donna Karan Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...