Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday

The Amazing and Awful 14-Hour Knit.

Hello!

In case you don’t know already.. I completed my 14-hour knit!! woohoo! I am so proud I did it but mostly so so thankful to everyone who sponsored me! I ended up with a total of nearly £2000! I can’t believe it and it meant so much to me that so many people, even people I don't know, decided to sponsor me! Thank you so so much you are all amazing, incredible people.



I decided to do the knit on the Thursday, the day before Red Nose Day, as I thought it would be a shame to be knitting all through Red Nose Day. I woke up at 7 am and got dressed into my red onezie, red deely boppers, red socks and painted my nose bright red. I then began my 'warm up' which consisted of some hand exercises (to stop my hands literally falling off) and lining up my needles in a nice straight line, I felt very prepared. On the dot of 10 I sat down on my rocking chair, started the timer on my iPod, and began to knit.

(my very messy knitting station)


I had arrange to have a few visitors over the day to try and keep me from getting so bored I poked my eyes out with needles so I had set up a 'guest knitters' scarf for anyone to knit when they came to join me. My mum was my first visitor and so she began to knit the guest scarf (very badly, she is not the best knitter).

(the 7 foot 10 inch finished piece!)

Although I thought that my hands were going to ache by the end of the day I found my hands were fine it was mostly my eyes that started to hurt and I must admit I did start to go a bit crazy, whether it was the 14-hour repetitive action or the 2 litre bottle of Cherryade, by the time my best friend arrived 8 hours in, I was sitting there screaming because I had forgotten how to knit and at one point I told my mum to hide the guest knitters scarf because it was going to be better than mine. Not completely normal behavior I must admit but all I think you can expect from someone who has been staring at wool for 14 hours.

I also managed to watch a few movies which was very fun. I started with Guys and Dolls and LOVED it! I have been singing (to myself of course) the songs from it all week. I also watched American Graffiti which was really interesting and I really liked, and New York, I Love You which I didn't like as much. It's a really cool idea for a film but I'm not sure it worked completely.

Anyway that is my brief account of one of the strangest but most satisfying days of my life and I hope that a lot of you were getting up to a lot of other fun Red Nose Day things.
I haven't been blogging so much recently, mostly because I have been working very hard on the royal wedding and my chickens, but hopefully I will finish William very soon and can blog a picture of that.

Thank you again everyone who sponsored me! I love you!

Love Scarlett

4 comments:

  1. well done for all that knitting and for raising so much! what are you going to do with a 7ft 10" scarf??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Roy by the way - incredible, scarly. I also love how you got up at 7 to give yourself 3 hours to prepare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! My fave is, "I was sitting there screaming because I had forgotten how to knit and at one point I told my mum to hide the guest knitters scarf because it was going to be better than mine." This sounds like a very exciting and fun time! Very marvelous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...